Here are seven simple ways to lead your own life. Make these a daily part of your regiment to remind yourself how to lead yourself and others.
Love what you do. It establishes your why and allows you to be enthusiastic. People live for a dream, but will die for a cause. It all depends on your passion level of what you undertake. You will do more for the things you love than for things you hate, so let’s not make this complicated. Choose what you love and do it. Pick out the things you love from the things you hate and do them!
Plan your Life
Write down your dreams. Then set goals for them. Be a risk taker! Have a mission that matters. I have heard this before and I will say it again, a plan not written down is a dream. And a dream without a plan is a nightmare. Take the time to do these things.
Pick your People
- Are you are going to be a magnet that attracts others?
- Pick your friends they have the greatest influence.
- Pick your mentors they will guide you.
- Pick your team they will complement you.
- My Dad told me earlier in life:
- Pick a good doctor; you never know when you will need one.
- Pick a good lawyer; you really never know when you will need one.
- Pick a good spiritual leader; you will be blessed by them – be a blessing to them.
- Pick a good accountant/financial advisor; If you have money or not, you will one day.
- Pick a good spouse; Life is just not that good without one.
Purpose for Success
What will happen when you get to the next level? Your talent will take you there, will your character keep you there? Character is what you would do when no one is looking. It is a way of life. It is being accountable to yourself and your people. With it, you have prestige and authority. Without it, you are simply doomed to constant criticism. Character gives you the power to influence.
Prepare for Obstacles
They will come, what will you do? You must be ready for them. Be prepared with a plan to overcome them. Be courageous and know what to say and do when they come up. Have you ever gone on a trip or to big event with a child and did not prepare for bathroom breaks before leaving or during the trip? The panic you have trying to find an answer to that solution is almost unbearable to think. I have six kids, and a two-year old grandson. I’ve done this too many times. The same is true with your life and business. Prepare for the worse while you hope for the best. You will always come out on top.
Power of Excellence
Have high Ethics. Have high Standards.
Expect the best out of yourself and others. Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect this is what excellence is about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means caring it means a special effort to do more.
Prescription for Happiness
- Balance your Life. Be There.
- and Socially.
- Be committed to your Dreams.
- Love Someone, Help Someone, Be Someone
Make it Happen, Make a Difference, LetsGO!
P.S. Look for my new book coming this Spring!
SUCCESSNOW! for LEADERSHIP: 3 Keys and 24 Strategies to Unlock your Power, Performance and Purpose (Outskirts Press) and later this summer,
SUCCESSNOW! for SALES: 7 Principles for Bulletproof Salespeople (Outskirts Press)